Saturday, June 22, 2013

What's your personality type?

One of the things I often find fascinating is the understanding of personality types. It's even more fascinating to understand the personalities of those who play Eve. I know there's an Eve personality test, but that's just about the game. I'm talking about you, the player. What's your personality type?

There's tests out there that people can do, but most people like a quick way of determining their personality type without needing to do a test. They might not have enough time, or maybe their personality type just doesn't like doing tests! So I thought it would be a great idea to allow you to quickly work out what your personality type is likely to be.

Just have a look at the below personality traits and pick out which one from each section feels like it's you, and the result will be four letters that tell you who you are. Then click on the link for that type (further below) and read the description to find out more.

Are you Extroverted or Introverted?
Extraverted (E) 
Expressive, outgoing, prefer group activities, eager to speak their minds, more comfortable when around other people than when alone, get energized by social interaction
Introverted (I) 
Reserved, listen carefully, prefer solitary activities, more comfortable when alone than when around other people, get exhausted by social interactio

Are you Intuitive or Sensing?
Intuitive (N) 
Introspective, rely on their imagination, absorbed in ideas, focus on what might happen
Sensing (S) 
Observant, rely on their senses, absorbed in practical matters, focus on what has happened

Are you Thinking or Feeling?
Thinking (T) 
Tough, follow their minds, suppress feelings, focus on objectivity and rationality
Feeling (F) 
Sensitive, follow their hearts, keep feelings close to the surface, focus on harmony and cooperation

Are you Judging of Perceiving?
Judging (J) 
Decisive, prefer clear rules and guidelines, eager to commit, see deadlines as sacred, seek closure
Perceiving (P) 
Probing, prefer keeping their options open, reluctant to commit, relaxed about their work, seek freedom

For me, it's easy to see that I'm introverted, reserved, prefer solitary activities, etc. So that makes me an I... Then I look at the next row and I can see that I'm more in my imagination and ideas and 'what might happen' than the other, so that makes me an N... So then the next row, for me, is a little bit more difficult. I can see how I would fit into the Thinking, but it doesn't feel like I am. However, I can also see that I'm just not in the Feeling side, so that essentially confirms I'm a T... And the last row tells me that I'm definitely a P.

So this is a good and quick way of determining which personality type you are. Once you've worked it out, click on the appropriate link below to read more about it.





You might also find that using the above 'quick and easy' way of determining personality types can help you understand the personality type of family, friends or anyone else that you're curious about. Understanding more about how and why people do the things they do can be beneficial in your interactions with them. I hope this post has been of help to you.

Don't forget to share your type with us in the comments below!

1 comment:

  1. ISTJ, and it fits me to a T. Read a book on this about 13 years ago and found the different personality types fascinating. Thanks for bringing this up!

    ReplyDelete